The aim of this module is to provide information about consumer rights and duties and the legal framework when consuming goods and services online as well as offline and how to shield themselves from unfair practices.
The objectives of this section are:
- To give information about consumer rights
- To give information on what to consider when making a purchase.
- to identify threats and unfair practices and avoid them.
- To give advice on how to act in the case of violated consumer rights.
- To give information on your right of withdrawal and to help you understand the concept of a sales agreement and the importance of ‘small print’.
- To provide information on what to do in the case of defective conditions of goods.
By the end of this module, you will be able to
- understand that they have rights and duties as a consumer.
- be aware of the importance of price comparison and understand the concept of quotation.
- understand unfair and suspicious practices like predatory lending and how to protect themselves from it.
- demonstrate the ability to recognise “scams” and predatory lending practices.
- know your contact points and possibilities for action in the case of violated rights.
- be aware of the possibility of withdrawal and understand sales agreements and ‘small print’.
- take proper action in the case of defective conditions of goods.
What do you have to consider before, during and after a purchase? Every purchase is a conclusion of contract, which is associated with specific rights and obligations. Those who know them have better opportunities to be treated fairly as a consumer.
In the course of this module, you will get to know your rights and duties as a consumer and the legal framework when consuming goods and services online as well as offline. Furthermore, you will learn how to shield yourself from unfair practices like scams, phishing and predatory landing.