Asset and Wealth Development
Learners will know about concept of the asset development, investing and the terminology surrounding these aspects of financial literacy.
The objectives of this section are:
- To ensure that you know how assets are able to lead to the development of wealth
- To help you understand the prerequisites needed to begin investing
- To provide the knowledge to make informed decisions regarding investments and assets
By the end of this module, you will will be able to
- understand the importance of asset development.
- Understand the concept of “investing”.
- recognise terms related to asset development.
In this module, you will learn about assets and how one can develop wealth, or make more money, with them in the future. An asset is a resource that has value, owned by either a company or an individual. Assets can be anything that can or will be converted to cash to benefit the company or individual in the future. These can include real estate, mutual funds, land, copyrights, trademarks, and even jewellery.
Assets are initially obtained through investing, or spending a fair amount of money at one point in time in order to obtain more in the future. It is a good idea to be aware of your assets’ value to know whether they can gain value over time.
This module will focus on how to recognize and obtain assets, how one can make informed choices about investing in them, and how assets can be a benefit in the long run. There are many different types of assets and investments and this module will provide an overview of the two concepts.